We are delighted to invite you to our first EWB Ireland National Conference – Engineering Change, on February 13th 2014. Come and join us this Engineers Week and learn about what we do and how you can get involved.
Date: 18.30, 13th of February
Venue: Engineers Ireland, 22 Clyde Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Guest speakers will share their experiences of working as Engineers in the International Development Sector and EWB under the theme Engineering Change.
On the night we will launch our 2014 placement and hear from EWB Ireland’s first placement volunteer, Mark Kenny, about his experience working with the Busoga Trust in Uganda this summer. We will also have exhibitors from Irish NGOs to discuss their opportunities to get involved.
The conference is aimed at professionals, academics and students and will be followed by a reception in the Engineers Ireland Café with opportunity to connect with other engineers and Irish NGOs in the development sector.
Speakers will discuss sustainable development through engineering, the EWB movement: role of the engineering professional, as well EWB Ireland progress placements and the EWB Challenge university program. The speakers lined up include:
- Liam Mc Carton – DIT Lecturer, Founder of the Development Technology in the Community (DTC) Research Group and EWB Ireland Board Member
- Siobhan Mc Grath – Secretary General at European Young Engineers (EYE) and former Academic Community Co-ordinator Engineers Without Borders UK
- Aoife Wilson – National Exec. EWB Ireland
- Mark Kenny – Returned EWB Ireland Placement Volunteer
- Cormac O’ Meadhra – EWB Challenge finalist & Engineering Student at UCD
Places are limited so pre-registration is essential. Please send an email with “Register” in the subject line including your Name & current occupation to: email@example.com
Please register before 30.01.2014, after this date a €10 registration charge will apply.
Hope to see you there!