Register here on Eventbrite or using the form at the end of this page.
Refreshments served from 6pm, followed by a range of speakers from 6:30pm.
– Our Keynote Speaker Sachin Bhoite is part of ARUP’s 100RC (Resilient Cities) team, working on the City Resilience Index supported by the Rockefeller Foundation. An architect and urban designer by training, Sachin joined Arup in 2008, to work on complex and large scale urban projects in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Australia. He brings trans-disciplinary perspectives to city design, making cities more resilient, sustainable and equitable, integrating this work with health, infrastructure, transport, planning and landscape.
– 2016 Winners of our “Where There Is No Engineer” (WTINE) competition – Eoin Bracken & Daniel Morgan will give an update on their Biochar Kiln. The team travelled to Nepal in 2017, and are developing the latest prototype with soil & growth testing currently being conducted in Bray.
– Rachael Gannon & Marta Imaz, (Project Engineer and Design Engineer at ARUP Dublin) tell us about their volunteer trip to Zambia in July. They spent 2 weeks working in the town of Kabwe with Habitat for Humanity.
– Declan Alcock (Director of EWB Ireland) will give an update on EWB Irelands activities over the past year, with more details on the Build Solid Ground project (with our partner organisations across Europe), and EWB’s Nature-Based Solutions, currently in development with DIT’s Development Technology in the Community.
– Info on upcoming events from Katie Mahon (Program Manager at EWB Ireland).
This event is funded through the European Union (EU) as part of the development education and awareness raising (DEAR) program (EuropeAid/151103/DH/ACT/Multi) and the “Build Solid Ground Campaign” which aims to inform and actively engage EU citizens in actions towards achieving Sustainable Development Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.